Hello and Welcome!
Thank you for your interest in becoming our patient here at Castle Surgery.
- Download and print the registration form
- Download and print the NEW PATIENT REGISTRATION PACK (002)‘
- To Register a CHILD aged between 0 to 16 years old, please download ‘NEW PATIENT QUESTIONNAIRE 0-16′
- Complete and Return the form to Castle Surgery.
We apologise that direct online registration is not currently available but we will update as soon as it comes to Swansea Bay.
- Call our reception team on 01639 622 050
- They will give you the same form above if you are unable to print
- Complete and Return the form to Castle Surgery
Please bring with your registration form
- Proof of ID
- Proof of Address
Once you’re registered:
- Our team will give you a ‘New Patient’ your first appointment to have a ‘new patient check’ with the practice nurse. Please bring your NHS medial card with you if you have one.
- Don’t have one? Don’t worry! If you do not have a medical card, we’ll just ask you to fill out a registration form for each person registering with Castle Surgery.
- In addition, all patients will be asked to complete a new patient questionnaire, allowing us to provide medical care in the interim period, while your medical records are transferred from your old practice to Castle Surgery.
Our website will hopefully be your one stop shop for information and updates about our services, e.g. Pharmacy, Tests, & Wellbeing.
CastleSurgery.com appearance will change depending if you’re viewing on your phone, tablet or desktop/laptop.
You might find it useful to add us to your home screen as a quick app launcher.
Add a shortcut to your desktop/phone
- From your phone browser, go to settings (three dots)
- Add to Home Screen
From your desktop browser (e.g. Chrome)
- Click the three dots in chrome
- More Tools
- Create Shortcut
You will be treated with respect and as a partner in your care. Being a partner means you have responsibilities too.
Castle Surgery will:
- Ensure our patients have 24-hour access to medical advice.
- Aim for you to have access to a suitably qualified medical professional within 48 hours of your initial contact during surgery hours, or in an urgent case, the same day.
- Work in partnership with you to achieve the best medical care possible.
- Involve you and listen to your opinions and views in all aspects of your medical care.
- The prevention of disease, illness and injury is a primary concern. The medical staff will advise and inform you of the steps you can take to promote good health and a healthy lifestyle.
Castle Surgery would kindly ask that you:
- Let us know if you intend to cancel an appointment or are running late.
- Treat staff with courtesy and respect. Reception staff may have to ask some personal questions to assist us in providing you with the best service.
- Inform the practice staff of any alterations in your circumstances, such as change of surname, address or telephone number. Please ensure that we have your correct telephone number, even if it’s ex-directory.
- To provide further medical treatment for you e.g. from district nurses and hospital services
- To help you get other services e.g. from the social work department. This requires your consent
- When we have a duty to others e.g. in child protection cases
You and your doctor
For administrative reasons your medical card will be issued in the name of one of the doctors; however, you can at any time express a preference for a particular doctor, for either all of your medical needs or on a case-by-case basis. The practice will endeavour to do its best to respect your choice but may not always be able to do so.
The main disabled access is situated at the front of the building. There is also access at the rear.
If you’ve moved out of area, please register with a local surgery there so that they can have access to your medical records to help provide medical treatment.
Students should be registered with a practice near their residence at university. If they need care while at home they should then be seen as temporary residents.
Section Below Under Construction. Please do not use.