Page last reviewed: 08 April 2020
As part of a major initiative to tackle to spread of the coronavirus, Castle Surgery will be trialing an NHS approved video consultation service.
If you are offered a video consultation, you will need the following:
- A smartphone or tablet or computer
- Google Chrome or Safari web browser
- Good WiFi/Mobile data signal (this will be tested via the link you’ll receive)
- Sufficient data allowance / unlimited data.
- Good lighting, ideally above or in front of you. Also ideally a quiet room.
When you receive the link, please open it ONLY 5 MINUTES BEFORE your appointment time.
You will see a page that checks your connection and equipment. Test Call checks your connection and device can run the video call service. If that is OK, you’re ready to enter the waiting area, but only do this 5 MINUTES BEFORE THE APPOINTMENT TIME.
Once all that is OK you’ll be directed to a page where you can write down your name, date of birth and phone number.
Once you’ve done this, you’ll go into a virtual waiting area.
- Your clinician will connect with you. Please be aware there may be delays.
- Please be aware that you should only access this area once you have been given a video appointment slot
- Please be aware of data charges outside of your data plans. Please switch to connections with unlimited data limits (e.g. most WiFi home broadband plans) if you are unsure whether you have sufficient/unlimited mobile data.
Non-urgent advice: Please note
SERVICE CURRENTLY NOT LIVE
Non-urgent advice: Please Read!
ONLY PROCEED WITH YOUR VIDEO CONSULTATION IF IT HAS BEEN ARRANGED WITH YOUR DOCTOR OR CLINIC/SURGERY
This is not an emergency service. If you need emergency care, telephone 999
No one is permitted to record the call without consent
Everyone attending the consultation with you will be introduced
Your video call will open in a new window
If you experience any issues, click the Refresh button
Click Start Call to proceed.
DYLECH FYND YMLAEN
Â‘CH YMGYNGHORIAD FIDEO DIM OND OS YDYW WEDI’I DREFNU Â’CH MEDDYG NEU GLINIG / MEDDYGFA.
• Nid gwasanaeth brys mo hwn. Os oes angen gofal brys arnoch, ffoniwch 999
• Ni chaniateir i unrhyw un gofnodi’r alwad heb gydsyniad
• Bydd pawb sy’n mynychu’r ymgynghoriad gyda chi yn cael eu cyflwyno
• Bydd eich fideoalwad yn agor mewn ffenestr newydd
• Os ydych chi’n profi unrhyw broblemau, cliciwch y botwm Refresh
Cliciwch Start Call i symud ymlaen.