Local Lockdowns for Newport, Bridgend, Merthyr Tydfil and Blaenau Gwent
BBC News reports that as of 18:00, Tuesday 22nd September 2020 there will be lock lockdowns for Newport, Brigend, Merthyr Tydfil and Blenau Gwent.
This follows Rhondda Cynon Taf and Caerphilly county into lockdown.
- People can now only enter these areas for certain circumstances only, e.g.
- buying essentials such as food/medicine
- Visit family/friends on COMPASSIONATE grounds.
- It appears that in these areas, mixing indoorswill be banned in the four areas. is no longer allowed. Meeting people from their extended households indoors
- Pubs must clsoe by 11pm
This may cause confusion but BBC News adds that people can continue to meet outdoors in groups of up to 30 people, but cannot meet other households indoors at home or in pubs or restaurants.
Swansea Bay NHS wants to avoid a local lockdown happening in Neath Port Talbot and Swansea.
In order to do this, they advise:
- Social distancing
- Face covering when indoors
- No more than 6 gathering indoors from your own extended household.
- Keep washing hands
- Get tested and self isolate if you have symptoms of coronavirus.