COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Your Content Goes Here
Public Health Wales have released some information about the COVID-19 Vaccination.
PLEASE NOTE: It is not yet available and processes for delivery and administration are still being determined.
Several trials across many countries are continuing and we are getting closer to securing a safely tested and successful vaccine.
In Wales, we have been planning for some time to make sure that systems are ready for when a vaccine does become available and approved as safe and effective for use. This includes organising the logistics for transporting and storing the vaccine, identifying suitable venues for vaccinations to take place, and ensuring that sufficient trained staff are available to administer the vaccines.
There is currently no firm date for a COVID-19 vaccine to become available but these pages will be regularly updated with the latest information. However, NHS Wales will be ready from 1 December 2020 to offer a vaccine as soon as one is approved for use.
Frquently Asked Questions about the COVID-19 Vaccine.
It covers: Why you should get the vaccine | Safety/ Efficacy | Eligibility | Delivery | Vaccine trials
Even for those that have had COVID: You should get vaccinated. We do not yet know the length of immune response in those who’ve had the disease. When you have the new COVID-19 vaccine, you will reduce the spread of this deadly virus and help to protect yourself and others.
Duration of the protection is still unknown.
Eligibility for the Vaccine
A provisional ranking of prioritisation for persons at-risk is set out below:
- older adults’ resident in a care home and care home workers [note 1]
- all those 80 years of age and over and health and social care workers [note 1]
- all those 75 years of age and over
- all those 70 years of age and over
- all those 65 years of age and over
- high-risk adults under 65 years of age
- moderate-risk adults under 65 years of age
- all those 60 years of age and over
- all those 55 years of age and over
- all those 50 years of age and over
- rest of the population (priority to be determined)
INFORMATION for Healthcare Professionals
Link at Public Health Wales is password protected for health professionals